nst Chatwood and the Colorado bullpen. Wilton Lopez, the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Apr 15
made me pay for it." Lincecum struck out eight and walked two over seven innings in his second consecutive start aggainst Colorado and third in all this year. Ty Rattie Jersey. The right-hander allowed four runs and seven hits after taking the loss against the Rockies at Coors Field last Saturday. He has defeats in four of his past five decisions. He has allowed 16 earned runs in his past 18 innings against the Rockies this season for an 8.00 ERA. "I just have to stop making mistakes up in the zone against them," he said. "If I miss with my spots they have to be down or away. But things are right in the middle of the plate." Chatwood allowed four hits in six scoreless innings, struck out four and walked one in another lopsided Rockies result against the reigning World Series champions. Colorado shut out San Francisco 5-0 in the series finale in Denver last Sunday. The Rockies (27-21) remained in a first-place tie with Arizona atop the NL West standings after the Diamondbacks beat San Diego in Phoenix, with the Giants one game back. "Theyve dominated us every time here," Gonzalez said. "That gives us a lot of confidence when you can win a series against a team that won the championship a couple of times the last few years." San Franciscos Marco Scutaro went 0 for 3 after having hit safely in each of his previous 15 games against Colorado, his former club before being traded to the Giants last July. But the Giants generated few opportunities against Chatwood and the Colorado bullpen. Wilton Lopez, the Rockies third reliever, finished the five-hit shutout. Notes: Rockies manager Walt Weiss said RHP Rafael Betancourt would not need a DL stint for his groin injury. He threw a light bullpen before the game and was available to close th